Job title: Data Operation Support Specialist
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6 Month
Remote: 1 Week On-site in San Francisco plus expenses are reimbursed
Interview process: Phone then Skype hire
Visa: Only USC & GC but can take from any employer
Data Operations Software Support Specialist, Senior - Responsible for the support, operations and maintenance of Blue Shield’s mission-critical and business-essential enterprise Data Management and associated systems and components. The primary mission for the Data Operations Support Tech will be to assure increasingly reliable and efficient data management and the related applications. Operational duties include daily maintenance, monitoring, and analysis to assure data availability, application performance and capacity; issue triage and resolution; support of application implementation and/or system changes and development and maintenance of associated standards and operational procedures and documentation.
- Provides levels 1 – 4 production support of data systems including issue troubleshooting and root cause analysis and resolution as well as making recommendations on the use of technology, standards, tools, process improvement, and automation. Collaborates across multiple IT and Business departments and external vendors to troubleshoot and resolve complex data system and system issues. Performs business and application analysis. Formulates solutions to production issues using a variety of application development and monitoring tools.
- Operates under general direction. Assignments are very broad in nature and of the highest level of complexity. Able to impact beyond area of responsibility. May instruct, guide and oversee work of lower level technical professionals. Consults and makes recommendations to management on significant issues.
- 3+ years of hands-on application support or design/development in a Unix environment using SQL and Unix Bash shell scripting with proven expertise in writing efficient advanced SQL and Unix shell scripts.
- Must have working knowledge of Netezza and/or Oracle databases. Informatica, Oracle SQL, Web Services, RedHat Linux, WebSphere, and MQ desirable, but not required
- Solid understanding of data design and structures.
- 2+ years hands-on working experience in large enterprise data warehouse/BI environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and orientation.
- Ability to coordinate issue resolution activities across multiple IT and Business entities.
- Excellent presentation and verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience with data manipulation, reporting, data mining, and analytics tools (SQL, Splunk, Business Objects, etc.)
- 2+ years in a lead software production support role (includes training, guidance, technical standards enforcement)
- End user management skills – good at managing productive user relationships.
- Working knowledge of the Health Care/Insurance Industry systems and business operations a strong plus.
- Must be able to think and perform independently with a minimum of direction or supervision and to adapt quickly to shifting and /or competing priorities.
- Experience with release/change management desirable
Apply for this job