Title: Data Analytics / Data Scientist role
Duration: 6+ months C2H
Interview: Phone + Skype
Rate: $65/hr on C2C
Location :- New Jersey
GC & USC Only
We are an immediate need for a Data Analytics / Data Scientist.
- You will be working with emerging data technologies and techniques to support data-driven problem-solving solutions
- Lead participate and influence end- to-end data lifecycle;
- Business engagement, problem identification & hypothesis building
- Define & build compute environments and automated data pipelines
- Drive data engineering activities; discovery, sourcing, wrangling, cleansing, and modeling
- Applying Machine Learning techniques and various algorithms to provide problem-solving insights
- Creating meaningful insights through data visualization & simple, effective results communication
- Help establish data roadmap and strategies
BS in Computer Science, Math or Engineering or another quantitative field.
- Experience big data technologies such as:
Hadoop 2.0, HBase, Mongo, Informatica, Cloudera, Vertica, Green Plumb, Netezza,
- Proficient in multiple programming languages such as and not limited to R, Python, SQL, Java, Scala, etc.
- Experience with algorithms and programming to efficiently go through large datasets and apply treatments, filters and conditions to your data.
- Proficient with practical experience with data engineering; data discovery, cleansing, wrangling, modeling:
- The ability to organize and “wrangle” large datasets so that you can get actionable insights from them. This may include finding innovative ways to combine fields of data that don’t naturally mesh together.
- Experience defining and creating automated data pipelines
- Experience with machine learning methods, techniques, and algorithms;
linear regression, logistic regression, XGboost, K-means etc.
- Extensive experience with statistics: statistical tests, distributions, maximum likelihood estimators, etc.
- Experience with visualization and reporting technologies such as Tableau and/or SAS
- The ability to create meaningful data visualizations that communicate your findings and demonstrate how your insights create business impact.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment. With a get your hands dirty attitude.
- Able to work as part of a team, but with creative and individual thinking
- Practical experience with major Cloud Platforms such as (AWS, Google, Azure)
- Previous experience or desire to work in high growth, data-driven, and/ or innovative businesses
- Experience with Lean and/ or SCRUM development methodologies a plus
Preferred but not required qualifications
Apply for this job
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Math or Engineering or other quantitative fields.
- Knowledge of image data analysis and computer vision a plus
- Knowledge of natural language processing a plus
- The desire to learn, participate on diverse teams on exciting and challenging activities; must want to have fun, enjoy teaming with individuals and groups of people supporting our climate of diversity and inclusion.
- Experience with SAS
- Experience with social media platforms a plus