Position Name: Java Core Developer
Duration: 6+ months (but could be extended)
Location: Downtown Milwaukee,MI
Visa: Opt- EAD, GC, USC (Try Independent First)
Interview: Phone + Skype
Required things: 1.
Please review the below job description and put together a short video clip selling yourself to the client using Google Drive. Paste the link here, and we will add it to your resume. Here is an example of a video (way too long) and what the link looks like if you would like to view it:
For your video, speak specifically to how your skills in your work history line up with the EXACT SKILLS MENTIONED in the job description, and why you would be a good fit for the job. Speak to your recent projects, your strengths, etc. It can be a few minutes long, I’d say no longer than 5 minutes is good. We are getting a lot more interviews for candidates who provide the video to the client, which is why we ask for it. Make sure the link is publicly accessible so the client can view your video.
• A highly skilled Java-J2EE developer with solid object oriented and DB/JPA experience is required to work on our investment Big Data pipeline.
• Should be up-to-date with current technologies and leading design patterns.
• Participate in a variety of planning and development activities
• Responsible for developing prototypes, unit test cases, design artifacts and 99.9% uptime production implementations
• Ensure that the application components are built to the highest standards across the application lifecycle with a constant focus on process improvement through unit testing automation, one click build and deployment
• Strong knowledge on Core Java(preferred version 8), Spring(Core, MVC, JDBC), Hibernate/JDBC/JPA/ORM, JSON
• String Experience with messaging systems and enterprise service bus
• Strong knowledge on build (Ant/Maven), continuous integration (Jenkins), code quality analysis (SonarQube) and unit and integration testing (JUnit)
• Should be able to work on UNIX shell script and Kubernetes/Docker containers is desired.
• 5+ Year Experience in Java (Core & EE,Spring, JMS,JUnit) with a focus on TDD, OOAD, multi-threaded applications and distributed systems.
• Must have experience and in-depth knowledge of SQL and RDBMS, should be able to write and understand SQL queries, stored procedure, index and triggers.
• Professional written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in geographically dispersed teams that focus on high accountability of ownership.
• Experience working in a Capital Markets firm (Investment Bank/Investment Management) with basic understanding of financial products
• Good analytical, debugging and problem solving skills.
• Experience working in a fast paced, delivery oriented financial services area using agile practices, coupled with regulatory and digital transformation established deadlines.
• Must desire to work with leading Big Data technologies like Kafka, Cassandra, Spark, Geode, Nifi, and Vertx/NodeJS
Apply for this job