Job Title : QA lead manual testing role
Location: Purchase, NY
Duration: 6+ months
Interview: Phone + In-person
Visa: Opt-EAD, GC, USC
- The candidate must have experience in an agile environment and working with on and offshore teams (small teams).
- Ideal Candidate – NEEDS Lead Experience, Manual lead experience specifically in an agile environment. Some automation would be great with Java – using selenium. Comm Skills are important.
- The client has an exciting new contract opportunity for a Lead Manual QA Tester to help assist on a new project. It would be big plus if candidates have any experience working with Automated testing it would be a huge plus.
Candidates should have experience with the following:
- 5-10 years hands-on QA experience including test management tools, writing reusable manual and automated test cases and regression testing
- Ability to decompose business / functional requirements to build test cases.
- 3-7 years Agile / Agile team experience
- Team player with experience working in decentralized QA teams.
- Able to consistently coordinate with development and offshore QA teams
- Extensive experience with test management tools, Rally (CA Agile Central ) a plus
- Independent thinker and problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and able challenge status quo.
Core duties and responsibilities are listed below, other duties may be assigned.
Apply for this job
- Gain a thorough understanding of the project product, requirements, and key functionality.
- Build and execute manual test scripts to verify website feature, functionality and performance on desktop and mobile platforms.
- Record test results and generate written reports that detail the findings/bugs, etc., and help to diagnose issues discovered during QA testing
- Report progress on problem resolution to project team and QA Manager
- Perform test data review, trending analysis and defect report generation
- Work with the Project Team to ensure test development and execution is conducted within the constraints of the project plan, cost and schedule
- Analyze historical data to categorize and identify root causes of issues and find areas for improvement
- Perform process analysis and recommend improvements
- Define testing strategy and test plan to ensure the product being released is on time, and up to industry and company standards.
- Continuously evaluate the team performance and throughput.
- Individually and with team input, identify risk and create mitigation plans.
- Encourage and mentor team members.